Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP Email and listserv subscription

ASP Email and listserv subscription

Andy

Morning All,

I'm looking to put a subscribe feature on my site. The user would just
put their email address into the subscribe box and press go.

The listServer requires the email address in the message body. How do
I get the email address into a hardcoded message?

message: subscribe listname <(E-Mail Removed)>

Has anyone come across any tutorials about this? I wasn't sure as to
what to call it to do a search.

Thanks,
Andy...

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Using CDO on Windows 2000 or 2003, you could do:

<form method="post" action="subscribe.asp">
<input name="emailAddress" type="text">
<input type="submit">

subscribe.asp:
<%
Dim sEmail : sEmail = Request.Form("emailAddress")
Dim oCDO : Set oCDO = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
oCDO.From = sEmail
oCDO.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
oCDO.Subject = "Hi server."
oCDO.TextBody = "subscribe listname " & sEmail
oCDO.Send
Set oCDO = Nothing
%>

Ray at work

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Morning All,
>
> I'm looking to put a subscribe feature on my site. The user would just
> put their email address into the subscribe box and press go.
>
> The listServer requires the email address in the message body. How do
> I get the email address into a hardcoded message?
>
> message: subscribe listname <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> Has anyone come across any tutorials about this? I wasn't sure as to
> what to call it to do a search.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy...

Listserv - what I need for this? Steve Freides Computer Support 6 07-02-2009 05:21 PM
listserv code? MattB ASP .Net 0 06-22-2006 04:45 PM
Your mail to tcm-users-request@listserv.cs.utwente.nl tcm-users-request@cs.utwente.nl Python 0 07-14-2004 09:53 AM
Your mail to tcm-users-request@listserv.cs.utwente.nl tcm-users-request@cs.utwente.nl Python 0 06-20-2004 10:36 PM
mass emails, non-listserv solution Joey Martin ASP General 1 05-12-2004 11:38 AM

Advertisments