Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: WebDav Server with ASP.NET IHttpHander, IIS 6.0

Re: WebDav Server with ASP.NET IHttpHander, IIS 6.0

Steve Drake

The access denied is a red herein, you need to responded to the client
correctly or your webdav client will not connect.

We have wrote one in C# using an HTTP Handler, I did have this problem and
fixed it by finding the problem with a SOAP trace.

Steve

"drasticp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to create a custom webdav server by implementing IHttpHandler in my

own class and firing it via IIS 6.0 Wildcard Application Maps. I have
written my HttpHandler class implementing IHttpHandler. In the
ProcessRequest method, I simply write a line to the Application Event Log
stating what verb was requested.

> It doesn't work with a wildcard application map and a WebDav request.
>
> If I configure an extension specific map (.test for example) and launch a

GET request from a browser, the handler fires as expected and records the
event to the Event Log. If I remove all extension specific maps and
configure a Wildcard Application Map and launch a GET request from a
browser, it works correctly. HOWEVER, when I try to map a drive to the
virtual directory (with the mini-redirector in XP) I am prompted for
username and password. No accounts even with administrator level access will
satisfy the prompt. I always receive Error 5 (access denied).

> A few other details: WebDav is enabled as a Web Service Extension in IIS 6

configuration. I've tried creating an application pool with administrator
level identity. NTFS file permissions for the content directory are set to
Everyone - Full Control. Write and Directory Browsing are checked on the
application folder. I have configured my application in both the web server
root and in a virtual directory.