Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > IIS remembering/caching password indefinately.

IIS remembering/caching password indefinately.

Alex Wolff

Hello,

How do I keep IIS from caching/remembering username/password?

Here is the situation:

I have created an asp script which sits on server1. The script makes an
http call to server2 using the vb object msxml2.xmlhttp. The server2 requires
authentication. If I pass the username and password as part of the "open"
method of the object..everything works fine. When I get rid of the username
and password and make the call again...it uses the username and password from
the last call..and It'll keep using that username and password until I
restart server1.

Thanks.