Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Content Management System - have serious ASP programmers contemplated using out the box solutions?

Content Management System - have serious ASP programmers contemplated using out the box solutions?

Do any of the ASP programmers on this form utitlize ASP Content Management
Systems for any of their customer (or own sites). If so, I would be grateful
for any feedback and thoughts on using CMS in a hybrid static or asp web
page environment. We are reaching the point where our site content and
format is chaning too rapidly to be able to deploy custom asp applications
quickly enough or smoothly enough.

If this is too off-topic could someone advise a robust discussion forum
where I could pose this question?

Additionaly, I am considering this product
http://www.globalscape.com/purecms/ and was wondering if anyone had
successfully used this product.

Many thanks
Jason

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

Also consider Sharepoint from Microsoft. It even integrates with file system
and Office suite.

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do any of the ASP programmers on this form utitlize ASP Content Management
> Systems for any of their customer (or own sites). If so, I would be

grateful
> for any feedback and thoughts on using CMS in a hybrid static or asp web
> page environment. We are reaching the point where our site content and
> format is chaning too rapidly to be able to deploy custom asp applications
> quickly enough or smoothly enough.
>
> If this is too off-topic could someone advise a robust discussion forum
> where I could pose this question?
>
> Additionaly, I am considering this product
> http://www.globalscape.com/purecms/ and was wondering if anyone had
> successfully used this product.
>
> Many thanks
> Jason

mark | r

Our CMS is more of a page editing system

we designate an area of a page that can be edited. this is then dropped into
a wysiwyd dhtml editor with most of the options locked off...

sample sites are www.sicl.co.uk
www.rmltd.co.uk
www.deansplc.co.uk

mark

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do any of the ASP programmers on this form utitlize ASP Content Management
> Systems for any of their customer (or own sites). If so, I would be
> grateful
> for any feedback and thoughts on using CMS in a hybrid static or asp web
> page environment. We are reaching the point where our site content and
> format is chaning too rapidly to be able to deploy custom asp applications
> quickly enough or smoothly enough.
>
> If this is too off-topic could someone advise a robust discussion forum
> where I could pose this question?
>
> Additionaly, I am considering this product
> http://www.globalscape.com/purecms/ and was wondering if anyone had
> successfully used this product.
>
> Many thanks
> Jason

But, is sharepoint not a backend office user system...it does not appear to
offer front-end integration for the website visitor as well eg: visitor
regisistration and login.

- Jason
"Manohar Kamath [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23yW$N$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Also consider Sharepoint from Microsoft. It even integrates with file

system
> and Office suite.
>
> --
> Manohar Kamath
> Editor, .netWire
> www.dotnetwire.com
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Do any of the ASP programmers on this form utitlize ASP Content

Management
> > Systems for any of their customer (or own sites). If so, I would be

> grateful
> > for any feedback and thoughts on using CMS in a hybrid static or asp web
> > page environment. We are reaching the point where our site content and
> > format is chaning too rapidly to be able to deploy custom asp

applications
> > quickly enough or smoothly enough.
> >
> > If this is too off-topic could someone advise a robust discussion forum
> > where I could pose this question?
> >
> > Additionaly, I am considering this product
> > http://www.globalscape.com/purecms/ and was wondering if anyone had
> > successfully used this product.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Jason

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:28:09 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>But, is sharepoint not a backend office user system...it does not appear to
>offer front-end integration for the website visitor as well eg: visitor
>regisistration and login.

You asked about a content management system, you didn't specify
front-end requirements. If you have specs that you need to meet, then
search through CMS programs until you find those that meet your specs.

Jeff