Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > _vti_cnf ?

_vti_cnf ?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9oblI=?=

In my VS web forms project folders there always seems to be a sub-folder with the name _vti_cnf and that sub-folder seems to contain copies of all of the webforms and code behind files. Does anyone know what this stuuf is. I'm backing up my work to a 100mb Iomega disk and it's running out of room just before the backup is done and if I can get rid of this stuff it might help

Also, there are files with the extension of .resx which don't seem to be required when I post the completed projects to the web. Some of them also seem to be constantly 'checked out' from the Source Safe but don't check back in when I tell it to check everything in. Are these files required

Thanks
JOhn

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

The _vti_cnf folder is used by the FrontPage extensions to track the current
state of the Web and its files. If you are using the site for development or
special FrontPage features, you'll need these.

The .resx files are usually not needed by VS.NET which will regenerate them
when required.

Ken

"JohnR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my VS web forms project folders there always seems to be a sub-folder
> with the name _vti_cnf and that sub-folder seems to contain copies of
> all of the webforms and code behind files. Does anyone know what this
> stuuf is. I'm backing up my work to a 100mb Iomega disk and it's running
> out of room just before the backup is done and if I can get rid of this
> stuff it might help.
>
> Also, there are files with the extension of .resx which don't seem to
> be required when I post the completed projects to the web. Some of them
> also seem to be constantly 'checked out' from the Source Safe but don't
> check back in when I tell it to check everything in. Are these files
> required?
>
> Thanks,
> JOhn

deleting FrontPage "_vti_cnf" folders Jean Valjean Computer Support 1 02-25-2005 04:37 AM
_vti_cnf J Smithers ASP .Net 1 01-25-2005 11:32 PM
_vti_cnf and other folders Mike ASP .Net 1 08-11-2004 01:20 PM
What is _vti_cnf? Simon Harvey ASP .Net 3 02-15-2004 12:25 PM
_vti_cnf folder in the bin folder-- a problem? William LaMartin ASP .Net 1 11-10-2003 03:41 AM

Advertisments