Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > chinese characters in asp website

chinese characters in asp website

Brian Bozarth

Hi there... I've built a simple asp website with sql 7.0 backend. There's
a form based screens to save info to the database. I'm having problems for
some of our Chinese customers - they are saving information in Chinese
characters and they are being translated into weird characters. For
example:

????9?12?

comes out to:

:当地时间9月12日

Is there any way to get around this? I've noticed that it's a problem with
the webserver.. it's running asp 3.0 on win2000. If I do a Request.Form on
the form field I get the special characters even before they go to the
database.

Let me know thanks, if possible can you cc my email account at

Brian

joker

Has Chinese support been installed on the web server yet?