Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > running system commands from within ASP

running system commands from within ASP

Brad Pears

What is the syntax for running say... a batch file (.bat) from within ASP?

For example... in MS Access you can say something like this...
CurrentDBDir = "c:\"
ShellWait CurrentDBDir & "runthis.bat", vbNormalFocus

This would run the "runthis.bat" file located in the c:\ directory...

How would one accomplish this same thing in ASP?

Thanks,

Brad

Brad Pears

Yes, I realize that. Not a problem as GnuPG will be installed on the
providers win2k3 web server.
Can you send me an exacmple of the actual syntax of the shell call?

Thanks,

Brad

news:(E-Mail Removed)...