Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Syntax error when calling Sub-routine

Syntax error when calling Sub-routine

Joe

Hello:

For some strange reason, on a certain page of my site I cannot create
sub-routines.
Everytime I get the same error, no matter where this subroutine is,
what it does, and what its name is.

Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A03EA)
Syntax error
..... etc...path...to...doc.asp, line 34
sub SubRoutineName()

What could be happening here?

Thank you.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Joe wrote:
> Hello:
>
> For some strange reason, on a certain page of my site I cannot create
> sub-routines.
> Everytime I get the same error, no matter where this subroutine is,
> what it does, and what its name is.
>
> Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A03EA)
> Syntax error
> .... etc...path...to...doc.asp, line 34
> sub SubRoutineName()
>
> What could be happening here?
>
> Thank you.

Sorry, but my crystal ball seems to be malfunctioning tonight. All it's
suggesting is that code prior to line 34 is somehow incomplete, causing the
syntax error on line 34.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

My ball is telling me to post suggesting that Joe show us the code snippet
in question.

Ray at home

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joe wrote:
> > I get the same error

> > What could be happening here?

> Sorry, but my crystal ball seems to be malfunctioning tonight. All it's
> suggesting is that code prior to line 34 is somehow incomplete, causing

the
> syntax error on line 34.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
> My ball

Careful there!

> is telling me to post suggesting that Joe show us the code
> snippet in question.

Wow! That's some crystal ball! What brand is it, if you don't mind my
asking?

Bob
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Wow! That's some crystal ball! What brand is it, if you don't mind my
> asking?

The six inch from here. http://www.panpipes.com/crystals.htm I'm hoping to
get the 7.2 inch for my birthday next month!

Ray at work

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
> "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> Wow! That's some crystal ball! What brand is it, if you don't mind my
>> asking?

> The six inch from here. http://www.panpipes.com/crystals.htm I'm
> hoping to get the 7.2 inch for my birthday next month!

Oh! You lucky! I've only got the 3.2" . Guess it's time to ask the boss for
an upgrade.

Bob

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET