Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Page cannot be displayed

Page cannot be displayed

Aneesh Puttur

Hi,
My website users are having problem accessing the web application
(intranet), using default URL, that is just
http://servername/MyApp/default.path.

The server Behaviour:
When I do tracert servername I get two different names for the server.
that is "servername.xyz.com" and at the end "servername.abc.com"(The
server name is same)

while pinging the server it returns only "servername.xyz.com"

The problem is
some users using XP are not able to access the site using
servername.xyz.com, They get page cannot be displayed, but works fine
if they use servername.abc.com.
and for some other users it works otherway and for some it works fine
with any url.
Can anybody give me the solution.
Thanks in advance
--Puttur

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

This sounds like a name resolution issue. I suggest you chat with your
network people to find it if you're using WINS, DNS, HOSTS files, something
else and make sure that things are consistent among all the client machines.

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...