Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Response Buffer Limit Exceeded Problems - Ideas Please!

Response Buffer Limit Exceeded Problems - Ideas Please!

Brian Piotrowski

Hi All,

I'm trying to run a simple query from an ASP page. I want the query to
select each individual field in a table and compare it to another table. If
the value doesn't exist, I want it reported. Here's the code I have to do
this check:

'Check to see if there are any assemblies not in the database!
strSQL = "select substring(mtoc,2,6) as deadmodel from bos_data where
substring(bos_data.mtoc,2,6) not in (select code from tire_matrix) AND
plantcode = " & Request.Querystring("pcode")
rsAFON.Open strSQL, adoCon
if rsAFON.eof = false then
do while rsAFON.eof = false
response.write("<tr><td colspan=15 bgcolor=000000 class=hilite
align=center>***WARNING *** MODEL TYPE: " & rsAFON("deadmodel") & "IS NOT IN
THE DATABASE! PLEASE NOTIFY ISD IMMEDIATELY!</td></tr>")
loop
end if

When I run the SQL String in SQL's Query Analyzer, I get the expected
results. However, when I run it in an ASP page, I get this error:
---------------
Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
/ptest.asp, line 0
Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
configured limit.
-------------------
Does anyone have any ideas? I've also made this into a Stored Procedure as
well, but I received the same results. I'm running this page on an IIS 6.0
/ Win2k3 Web Edition box. All of my other SQL queries run except this one.
Does it have anything to do with it doing another select from within the
statement? If so, is there a better way to write this piece of code?
Thanks!

Brian.

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

Turn the Response.Buffer off on the page, or on the entire site.

Response.Buffer = False

at the TOP of the page before any ASP code.

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

"Brian Piotrowski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to run a simple query from an ASP page. I want the query to
> select each individual field in a table and compare it to another table.

If
> the value doesn't exist, I want it reported. Here's the code I have to do
> this check:
>
> 'Check to see if there are any assemblies not in the database!
> strSQL = "select substring(mtoc,2,6) as deadmodel from bos_data where
> substring(bos_data.mtoc,2,6) not in (select code from tire_matrix) AND
> plantcode = " & Request.Querystring("pcode")
> rsAFON.Open strSQL, adoCon
> if rsAFON.eof = false then
> do while rsAFON.eof = false
> response.write("<tr><td colspan=15 bgcolor=000000 class=hilite
> align=center>***WARNING *** MODEL TYPE: " & rsAFON("deadmodel") & "IS NOT

IN
> THE DATABASE! PLEASE NOTIFY ISD IMMEDIATELY!</td></tr>")
> loop
> end if
>

> When I run the SQL String in SQL's Query Analyzer, I get the expected
> results. However, when I run it in an ASP page, I get this error:
> ---------------
> Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
> Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
> /ptest.asp, line 0
> Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
> configured limit.
> -------------------
> Does anyone have any ideas? I've also made this into a Stored Procedure

as
> well, but I received the same results. I'm running this page on an IIS

6.0
> / Win2k3 Web Edition box. All of my other SQL queries run except this

one.
> Does it have anything to do with it doing another select from within the
> statement? If so, is there a better way to write this piece of code?
> Thanks!
>
> Brian.

Roland Hall

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: ---------------
: -------------------
: Does anyone have any ideas? I've also made this into a Stored Procedure
as
: well, but I received the same results. I'm running this page on an IIS
6.0
: / Win2k3 Web Edition box. All of my other SQL queries run except this
one.
: Does it have anything to do with it doing another select from within the
: statement? If so, is there a better way to write this piece of code?
: Thanks!

See if this will help.
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/..._20726698.html

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Brian Piotrowski

Thanks to everyone who responded. I was able to fix the problem by putting
a MOVENEXT command before the LOOP. Thanks to Mark for that tidbit of info.

Brian.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...