Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > SSL and Request.ServerVariables

SSL and Request.ServerVariables

Mark

Hi - I am trying to use Request.ServerVariables("SCIPT_NAME") - this is
ok normally, but when I try to use the script behind SSL - it does not
pick up the full path to where I am - eg:

https://sslrel.com/sslcert.mysite.co.uk/Default.asp

Request.ServerVariables("SCIPT_NAME") in this file, would show:

https://sslrel.com/Default.asp

Which makes all my redirects etc - not work!

Is this a known feature of SSL, or has it just been setup incorrectly?

Thanks for any help,

Mark

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

SCRIPT_NAME wouldn't ever include the http[s]://domain part of the URL. It
only returns the virtual path to the page that you have loaded, i.e.

/default.asp
or
/somedir/somefile.asp

See here for getting the full URL. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2072