Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP debugging with the Script Debugger

ASP debugging with the Script Debugger

Steve Anderson

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm fairly new to ASP. We have IIS running on
Win2000 and serving out an ASP application. I installed the script debugger
tonight. IE6 on the machine has Disable Script Debugging unchecked. I set
the server side debugging for the www in question. I have a Stop statement
in the VBScript code in a certain page, and yet the debugger does not stop
on the page in question, it does nothing. If I open up the .asp pages
manually most lines are yellow and the Debug menu is disabled so I cannot
set breakpoints. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? At one
point I managed to get some client-side debugging to work, but I haven't had
any server-side debugging working. I am running the web-page from the same
machine that is serving out the pages. Thanks for any advice, ideas or help.

Steve A.

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

Steve,

The following article addresses how to debug ASP pages correctly:

Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire
www.dotnetwire.com

"Steve Anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Please excuse my ignorance as I'm fairly new to ASP. We have IIS running

on
> Win2000 and serving out an ASP application. I installed the script

debugger
> tonight. IE6 on the machine has Disable Script Debugging unchecked. I set
> the server side debugging for the www in question. I have a Stop statement
> in the VBScript code in a certain page, and yet the debugger does not stop
> on the page in question, it does nothing. If I open up the .asp pages
> manually most lines are yellow and the Debug menu is disabled so I cannot
> set breakpoints. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? At one
> point I managed to get some client-side debugging to work, but I haven't

had
> any server-side debugging working. I am running the web-page from the

same
> machine that is serving out the pages. Thanks for any advice, ideas or

help.

> Steve A.

Roland Hall

"Steve Anderson" wrote in message news:bBfYc.257724$gE.129244@pd7tw3no...
[...]

This NG is for ASP, not tips using the debugger. You should use a more
appropriate NG for that which should get you more response. However, if you
post your errors here with some relevant code, most likely someone can help
you get past the issues you are having.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */