Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP problem

ASP problem

Faisal

when running an asp page, after i do any change in the
content. it not reflect when i referesh the page.

it is windows 2000 and IIS 5.0
pls assist.

Evertjan.

Faisal wrote on 28 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> when running an asp page, after i do any change in the
> content. it not reflect when i referesh the page.

Start page with, [and clear your browser cache]:

<% Response.Expires = 0 %>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Pauline Parrot

turn off caching on the server.

> Faisal wrote on 28 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
> > when running an asp page, after i do any change in the
> > content. it not reflect when i referesh the page.
> >

> Start page with, [and clear your browser cache]:
>
> <% Response.Expires = 0 %>
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.
> (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress,
> but let us keep the discussions in the newsgroup)

fasal

any other clue?

message
>> Faisal wrote on 28 aug 2004 in

>> > when running an asp page, after i do any change in

the
>> > content. it not reflect when i referesh the page.
>> >

>> Start page with, [and clear your browser cache]:
>>
>> <% Response.Expires = 0 %>
>>
>> --
>> Evertjan.
>> The Netherlands.
>> (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress,
>> but let us keep the discussions in the newsgroup)
>>

>.

Evertjan.

Pauline Parrot wrote on 29 aug 2004 in
> "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Faisal wrote on 28 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>>
>> > when running an asp page, after i do any change in the
>> > content. it not reflect when i referesh the page.
>> >

>> Start page with, [and clear your browser cache]:
>>
>> <% Response.Expires = 0 %>

> turn off caching on the server.

[please do not toppost]

Often not an option on a rented virtual server.

[The OP seems to have his own.]

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Harag

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:28:18 -0700, "fasal"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>any other clue?

<%
Response.Expires = 0
Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1
Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"
Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"
Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"
%>

Put the above at the top of the ASP file.

Also please do NOT top post on this group.

HTH

Al.