Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Migrated website, now ASP that access Foxpro data doesn't work

Migrated website, now ASP that access Foxpro data doesn't work

Colin Colin

We migrated our intranet site from IIS4 NT4 (\\GHCNT to a Windows 2003
server with IIS6 (\\NT5 using the IIS Migration Tools. I have a few
ASP pages that access Foxpro data on a different server.

I downloaded the Visual Foxpro ODBC Driver from MSDN. I exported (from
the registry) the ODBC entries from the old server and imported them
onto the newserver. I setup the Internet user guest account with rights
where the Foxpro data is located. The data is on a different server so
we created an IUSR_NT58 account on the server that it is located and set
the password to match the what it is for NT58\IUSR_NT58.

My code makes it past the connection string:

Set cntl = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
cntl.Mode = 8
sqlStr = "Driver=Microsoft Visual FoxPro
Driver;SourceType=DBf;SourceDB=\\Ghcnt11\mslw\MSLW DATA;BackgroundFetch=N
o;Exclusive=No"
Session("DBConnect")=sqlStr
cntl.Open sqlStr

But when I try to query the data, I get an error:

set RPrec = Nothing
set RPrec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
RPrec.cursortype = 1 'adOpenKeyset
RPrec.cursorlocation = 2 'adUseServer
RPrec.locktype = 3 'adLockOptimistic
SqlStr = "SELECT dr_name, dr_id FROM cmeinf GROUP BY cmeinf.dr_name
HAVING (((cmeinf.dr_name) Is Not Null)) ORDER BY cmeinf.dr_name"
response.write sqlstr
RPrec.Open sqlStr, cntl

This is what I get:
SELECT dr_name, dr_id FROM cmeinf GROUP BY cmeinf.dr_name HAVING
(((cmeinf.dr_name) Is Not Null)) ORDER BY cmeinf.dr_name

ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.

/physician/phycme/phys_cme.asp, line 23

joker

Stop using ODBC first off. Second check out the following sites for
some information on what to do & why not to use ODBC/DSN connections.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...components.asp

http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/...orVisualFoxPro

If you still insist on using ODBC follow the directions at the following
page.

Colin Colin wrote:

> We migrated our intranet site from IIS4 NT4 (\\GHCNT to a Windows 2003
> server with IIS6 (\\NT5 using the IIS Migration Tools. I have a few
> ASP pages that access Foxpro data on a different server.
>
> I downloaded the Visual Foxpro ODBC Driver from MSDN. I exported (from
> the registry) the ODBC entries from the old server and imported them
> onto the newserver. I setup the Internet user guest account with rights
> where the Foxpro data is located. The data is on a different server so
> we created an IUSR_NT58 account on the server that it is located and set
> the password to match the what it is for NT58\IUSR_NT58.
>
> My code makes it past the connection string:
>

> Set cntl = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> cntl.Mode = 8
> sqlStr = "Driver=Microsoft Visual FoxPro
> Driver;SourceType=DBf;SourceDB=\\Ghcnt11\mslw\MSLW DATA;BackgroundFetch=N
> o;Exclusive=No"
> Session("DBConnect")=sqlStr
> cntl.Open sqlStr
>

> But when I try to query the data, I get an error:
>

> set RPrec = Nothing
> set RPrec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
> RPrec.cursortype = 1 'adOpenKeyset
> RPrec.cursorlocation = 2 'adUseServer
> RPrec.locktype = 3 'adLockOptimistic
> SqlStr = "SELECT dr_name, dr_id FROM cmeinf GROUP BY cmeinf.dr_name
> HAVING (((cmeinf.dr_name) Is Not Null)) ORDER BY cmeinf.dr_name"
> response.write sqlstr
> RPrec.Open sqlStr, cntl
>

> This is what I get:
> SELECT dr_name, dr_id FROM cmeinf GROUP BY cmeinf.dr_name HAVING
> (((cmeinf.dr_name) Is Not Null)) ORDER BY cmeinf.dr_name
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'
>
> ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.
>
> /physician/phycme/phys_cme.asp, line 23

Colin Colin

Well I will only be in this job for 1 more week so I don't have time to
reprogram it, I gotta get it working on the new server. So I Have to
use ODBC.

I found the article that helped me got it working on our old server:

However this was for IIS 5, we have IIS6 now. There is a line that says
"De-select the "Enable Automatic Password Synchronization" option and
type in the username(IUSR_ComputerName) and the password. "
I do not find this option in IIS 6. I think this may have something
to do with it.

RIght now I am getting errors where the DBF file is not found. Again I
think it's security because of this Enable automatic password
Synchronization. I can't deselect it in IIS because I cannot find it.
Any ideas?