Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > what is the best way to implement a navigation

what is the best way to implement a navigation

David

control?

I am talking about a tab control with links to a bunch of pages which could
be on the left side or accross the top of the page.

I've used user controls, but having to put the user control on every page is
getting tiresome.

Is using frames a better way? Then if so, how would you do that?
Server.Transfer() does not let me specify the target frame and neither does
Response.Redirect.

Sorry if it sounds like a newbie question.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

What you need is a Master Page, from which all your pages will automatically
inherit the navigation user control and other common page elements.
Unfortunately there is not an easy way to do this until .NET 2.0 comes out
next year.
Here are a couple ways you can sort of fake it for now, but they're not
nearly as intuitive and functional as the 2.0 implementation is shaping up
to be.
http://authors.aspalliance.com/PaulW...rticles/?id=14
http://www.sellsbrothers.com/writing...mtemplates.htm

--