Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP and unicode

ASP and unicode

Sunil Jain

I am having trouble displaying unicode characters on the
browser.

I am storing unicode data (Japanese, Chinese and Korean)
in the native format. I have an ASP page that runs a query
to get this data and display it on my webpage. But, the
output comes as junk.

Any solutions for that.

It is interesting for me that if i run the same query in
Enterprise Manager, i get the correct data whereas running
it in the Query Analyzer gives me junk.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

David Morgan

Search the web for this. ASP does not support Unicode, but it can display
Unicode when read from a file.

"Sunil Jain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ea201c48ba9$27bc6b10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having trouble displaying unicode characters on the
> browser.
>
> I am storing unicode data (Japanese, Chinese and Korean)
> in the native format. I have an ASP page that runs a query
> to get this data and display it on my webpage. But, the
> output comes as junk.
>
> Any solutions for that.
>
> It is interesting for me that if i run the same query in
> Enterprise Manager, i get the correct data whereas running
> it in the Query Analyzer gives me junk.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Thanks for your help