Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP.NET with ADirectory role based authentication

ASP.NET with ADirectory role based authentication

naijacoder naijacoder

Hi Everyone,
I have some Questions relating to Active Directory and
Asp.net.
1)I have created a role based authorisation using SQL Server but i want
to use
Active Directory as a datastore now?
2)Now if i want to allow the user to login credentials against the
Active directory and then
implementing the roles i have in my Database would i need to have roles
in my Active Directory?
3)What i really want to do is FOR my users to login using their
username(windows logon) authenticate them against Active Directory after
authentication ..then authorization depending on their ROLES and then
redirecting them to the resources they are allowed to browse on.
4)Now i'm authenticating against my database with username and pwd.And i
created some Roles in the Database for my authorisation.But i want to
authenticate using Active Directory and then Authorisation..
But if i have to use Active Directory for authorisation wil i have to
have ROLES in my active Directory?

Thanks in advance and waiting for all ideas,arcticlea and resources...