Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Date/Time problem remote hosting

Date/Time problem remote hosting

jt

Having a problem on trying to solve how to have the date and time displayed
correctly and entered into my ms access database.

I subscribe my web page being hosted remotely in Texas(CDT). I am logging in
here in Florida. Since there is a time difference and the date/time is
showing Texas(CDT) time rather than Florida time.

How can I make my asp code to recongzine Florida date/time? I guess I could
put in the offset but would have to change back and forth from EST to EDT
and would like if possilble to have it recongnized either EST or EDT when I
log in, I would guess.

Appreciate any pointers to this.

Thanks,
jt

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Since both Texas and Florida observe the same daylight savings time, you can
just always add an hour using DATEADD.

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"jt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GZ3Xc.59864$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Having a problem on trying to solve how to have the date and time

displayed
> correctly and entered into my ms access database.
>
> I subscribe my web page being hosted remotely in Texas(CDT). I am logging

in
> here in Florida. Since there is a time difference and the date/time is
> showing Texas(CDT) time rather than Florida time.
>
> How can I make my asp code to recongzine Florida date/time? I guess I

could
> put in the offset but would have to change back and forth from EST to EDT
> and would like if possilble to have it recongnized either EST or EDT when

> log in, I would guess.
>
> Appreciate any pointers to this.
>
> Thanks,
> jt

Evertjan.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 25 aug 2004 in

> Since both Texas and Florida observe the same daylight savings time,
> you can just always add an hour using DATEADD.

I heard that, unlike in Europe, the New World dst switch time is on it's
own local 02:00, so that this DATEADD will have the wrong time for 2 hours
a year.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

> I heard that, unlike in Europe, the New World dst switch time is on it's
> own local 02:00, so that this DATEADD will have the wrong time for 2 hours
> a year.

They're one hour apart, so they will only be off for one hour of real time.

Anyway, you can deal with this using a calendar table, if it's really that
important. Since we know in advance when DST changeovers will take place...

See http://www.aspfaq.com/2218 for the basic idea...

Evertjan.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 25 aug 2004 in

>> I heard that, unlike in Europe, the New World dst switch time is on
>> it's own local 02:00, so that this DATEADD will have the wrong time
>> for 2 hours a year.

> They're one hour apart, so they will only be off for one hour of real
> time.

1 hour twice a year is 2 hours a year, not?

Even so I like the European way,
changing over all three timezones at the same moment,
while understanding that it is unpractical for the many American zones.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

jt