Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > href problem

href problem

Savas Ates

when i click the a link i want to see a thing which is like save as target

it can be a word doc or xls or whatever. i want to make it dowloadable when
a user click a link.. how can it be possible...

John

This is not the right newsgroup but ...

John

better <a href="http://www.myserver.com/docs/myword.doc"
target="_blank">MyWord</a>

or simply

Savas Ates

hey you probably missunderstood me... when you give a link zip file you
seee (open dowload written) a dialog box.. but when you give a link to a doc
file explorer dont behave a zip file.. it opens it.. but i dont want to open
it.. i want to save as dialog box.. is it clear..

and it is not a right place which group can i ask..

Stuart Palmer

Think this is what you want.

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2161

Stu

"Savas Ates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when i click the a link i want to see a thing which is like save as target
> ..
>
> it can be a word doc or xls or whatever. i want to make it dowloadable

when
> a user click a link.. how can it be possible...

Savas Ates

ok 10x i solve it..

John

ADODB.Stream is disabled since the latest Windows Update. So it can be this
is not longer working on a clients machine.