Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > response.write

response.write

Ed Slen

I am creating html string in a component that transforms xml into html.
Works o.k. with small html strings, but takes forever to response.write
big html strings.
Is it possible to speed it up?

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Can you break it into chunks and response.write, say, 1024 or 2048 bytes at
a time?

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"Ed Slen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am creating html string in a component that transforms xml into html.
> Works o.k. with small html strings, but takes forever to response.write
> big html strings.
> Is it possible to speed it up?

Mark Schupp

Are you doing a lot of string concatenation?

If so, see the following for a more efficient method
http://www.15seconds.com/howto/pg000929.htm

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

"Ed Slen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am creating html string in a component that transforms xml into html.
> Works o.k. with small html strings, but takes forever to response.write
> big html strings.
> Is it possible to speed it up?

Ed Slen

Mark, I am not doing string concats.
I am transforming and creating html string at the component level,
returning full html string back to asp page and then response.writing
it.

Aaron , - I am looking for something like this, but how can I break it
into chunks?