Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Please Wait While Page Loads....

Please Wait While Page Loads....

Jason .

I have seen a few articles with a javascript example but it is not
working for me. The server side code is processed first and then the
javascript so I basically get my page loading splash screen displayed
for a split second and then my page I am navigating to.

How do I display the "Please Wait..." before the server side code kicks
in? Thanks.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/2498

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"Jason ." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have seen a few articles with a javascript example but it is not
> working for me. The server side code is processed first and then the
> javascript so I basically get my page loading splash screen displayed
> for a split second and then my page I am navigating to.
>
> How do I display the "Please Wait..." before the server side code kicks
> in? Thanks.

Jason .

Thanks. The example works great but when I apply it to my page I get a
blank page for a few seconds and then the "Please Wait..." appears for a
split second and then the rest of the page is displayed.

I need the Please Wait to appear as soon as the page is loaded, prior to
the server side script. It seems that the server side script is being
processed and then the message appears.

I have a bunch of database related calls and web services going on and
then I display the page. I put the Response.Flush right after the
"Please Wait" script. Should I be putting this at the top of the page?

Larry Bud

Jason . <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<u#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Thanks. The example works great but when I apply it to my page I get a
> blank page for a few seconds and then the "Please Wait..." appears for a
> split second and then the rest of the page is displayed.
>
> I need the Please Wait to appear as soon as the page is loaded, prior to
> the server side script. It seems that the server side script is being
> processed and then the message appears.
>
> I have a bunch of database related calls and web services going on and
> then I display the page. I put the Response.Flush right after the
> "Please Wait" script. Should I be putting this at the top of the page?

Why is your page so slow loading as to require a Please Wait message
in the first place?