Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP Form & TextArea

ASP Form & TextArea

TomT

Hi,

I've created a form that has a 3 fields.

2 textboxes (username & password)
1 TextArea (notes)

I have linked this to an access DB.

This is working well, the user enters thier Username & password, fills
in the notes field and the notes are then updated, as follows:

username - notes..notes..notes..notes..notes..
ie: Bob D - This a sample note.

This displays in the textarea fine.

Is there anyway to write the Username in Bold ?

Either

Using <b>username</b> and entering it into the DB, but how do I
display the username bold in the textarea.

Or Any other ideas ??

Thanks

Evertjan.

TomT wrote on 24 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> I've created a form that has a 3 fields.
>
> 2 textboxes (username & password)
> 1 TextArea (notes)
>
> I have linked this to an access DB.
>
> This is working well, the user enters thier Username & password, fills
> in the notes field and the notes are then updated, as follows:
>
> username - notes..notes..notes..notes..notes..
> ie: Bob D - This a sample note.
>
> This displays in the textarea fine.
>
> Is there anyway to write the Username in Bold ?
>
> Either
>
> Using <b>username</b> and entering it into the DB, but how do I
> display the username bold in the textarea.
>
> Or Any other ideas ??

This is clientside coding. Has nothing to do with serverside ASP.

ASP dos not know about textboxes and textarea's

Please ask a clientside group. [HTML, Javascript, etc]

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:10:17 +0000 (UTC), TomT <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've created a form that has a 3 fields.
>
>2 textboxes (username & password)
>1 TextArea (notes)
>
>I have linked this to an access DB.
>
>This is working well, the user enters thier Username & password, fills
>in the notes field and the notes are then updated, as follows:
>
>username - notes..notes..notes..notes..notes..
>ie: Bob D - This a sample note.
>
>This displays in the textarea fine.
>
>Is there anyway to write the Username in Bold ?
>
>Either
>
>Using <b>username</b> and entering it into the DB, but how do I
>display the username bold in the textarea.
>
>Or Any other ideas ??

Two of them. The first is never to store formatting in the database.
Content yes, presentation, no. Otherwise when you decide to not have
it bold and instead use a CSS style, you have to search and replace
every potential field in the database instead of just changing your
output template.

The second is that this is very simple to do -- on the client. You
can't do it with ASP, so check a client side group, HTML or CSS, for
info on how to do this.

Jeff