Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Can JavaScript add items to ASP Dictionary Object

Can JavaScript add items to ASP Dictionary Object

tabonni

My situation is:

I got two ASP pages. One is ASP email form (I'm using Persist ASP
Email component). Another one has all file links in it. For example,
when user click Outlook course hyperlink. It will pop up another
window with outlook course PDF file. (All PDF files are already in the
server).

What I am trying to do is: When user click the "Add Email" hyperlink,
it will add that course name and filepath into ASP/VBScript Dictioanry
Object. After the user finish and click "Attach to email" button. All
the files will be attached in the email as an attachment.

Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
to ASP Dictionary Object?

Thank you.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

tabonni wrote:
> My situation is:
>
> I got two ASP pages. One is ASP email form (I'm using Persist ASP
> Email component). Another one has all file links in it. For example,
> when user click Outlook course hyperlink. It will pop up another
> window with outlook course PDF file. (All PDF files are already in the
> server).
>
> What I am trying to do is: When user click the "Add Email" hyperlink,
> it will add that course name and filepath into ASP/VBScript Dictioanry
> Object. After the user finish and click "Attach to email" button. All
> the files will be attached in the email as an attachment.
>
> Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
> to ASP Dictionary Object?

It is not an "ASP" Dictionary Object. It is a "Windows Scripting Host (WSH)
Dictionary Object", which is a COM object which is usable by any language
that can use COM objects, including vbscript, jscript/javascript, VB, etc.
..
Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET