Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > concatenation v's response.write

concatenation v's response.write

Andy

Hi,

I am a big fan of:

var=""
for i=0 to 100
var=var & i
next
response.write i

instead of

for i=0 to 100
response.write i
next

but I have found pages that are now advocating that using method 2 provides
better performance as the server no longer has to resize the string and add
stuff for each iteration. Then on the other hand other pages are telling me
that sometimes it's OK. Not one has said one way or the other.

Can any of you guys tell me what to do?

Cheers,
Andy.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Andy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a big fan of:
>
> var=""
> for i=0 to 100
> var=var & i
> next
> response.write i
>
> instead of
>
> for i=0 to 100
> response.write i
> next
>
> but I have found pages that are now advocating that using method 2
> provides better performance as the server no longer has to resize the
> string and add stuff for each iteration. Then on the other hand
> other pages are telling me that sometimes it's OK. Not one has said
> one way or the other.
>
> Can any of you guys tell me what to do?
>
> Cheers,
> Andy.

Chris Hohmann just posted a discussion about this yesterday. Let's see ...
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...TNGP11.phx.gbl

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Andy

>> Bob Barrows wrote:
> Chris Hohmann just posted a discussion about this yesterday. Let's see ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...TNGP11.phx.gbl

Ahhhhh! I searched this group before I posted. Wood for the trees.

Thanks for the response anyway Bob.

vector concatenation pandora VHDL 8 03-26-2010 02:36 PM
generic concatenation Chad VHDL 4 08-26-2004 03:48 PM
Different concatenation result VJDL93' generates from VHDL'87 bigdipper_gary VHDL 1 01-05-2004 05:20 PM
what's the difference between VHDL 93 CONCATENATION and VHDL 87 CONCATENATION? walala VHDL 3 09-18-2003 04:17 AM
type conversion and concatenation Ralf Hildebrandt VHDL 3 07-28-2003 06:41 AM

Advertisments