Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > I don't want to use buttons

I don't want to use buttons

Brent Webster

I have an asp page that is attached to database and I want to update
the database when the window is closed.

It is basically 5 text boxes wide by 8 text boxes high and these are
all dynamically built by the database loading. I know exactly what
textbox has what in it. I can do everything by submitting a form but
I do not want a button to submit.

Is there a way to when the window is closed run update code for a
database.

I can also open and close another page to do the update if need be.

This is the code that I can use from the submit button. I load an
array with all the values and can loop through these with the
database.

<FORM ACTION=:"array.asp" METHOD="get" id=frmName name=frmName>

I can dynamically build the following which is currently produced by
the submit button.

array.asp?WeekFrom=8/12/2004&WeekTo=8/17/2004&tempid=2&line1text1=21&line1text2=&line1text3 =&line1text4=&line1text5=55&cmdSubmit=Submit

Any help stopping people from pushing my buttons would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent

Carol Carrot

You could have the database updated on seession end.
You could shorten the session time from 20 minutes to 3 to speed things up.

You could have the page automatically refresh /post after 15 seconds.

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...