Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Dynamic ftp Download

Dynamic ftp Download

JJ

Hi,
I am writing a website selling e-books.
I want to have an ftp server on my windows server so that when a customer
purchases a download, I can set them up with a username and password to
download the single file using ftp.
Any ideas on an ftp server I could use for this which would allow me to use
com to set up users from asp?
Thanks
JJ

Ray at

Why would you use FTP for this? If the person is already at your site, it
seems like it would make things much simpler for both you and the end user
if you just allowed the person to download with via HTTP.

Ray at home

"JJ" <nospam> wrote in message
news:41212961$0$29948$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
> I am writing a website selling e-books.
> I want to have an ftp server on my windows server so that when a customer
> purchases a download, I can set them up with a username and password to
> download the single file using ftp.
> Any ideas on an ftp server I could use for this which would allow me to

use
> com to set up users from asp?
> Thanks
> JJ

dlbjr

Just a suggestion.
Place the books into a database as binary.
Then control the download dynamically with a file header for the file type..
This will keep you from placing any actual files on a server.

--
dlbjr
Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

thorpe

there is an ftp server with ISS, im sure if you search a vbscript NG you
would find a solution. try here;
microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.scripting.vbs cript