Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP or ASP.NET

ASP or ASP.NET

Stephen Green

I need to create som interactive pages for my website (hosted on Windows
Server 2003, IIS 6.0, supports ASP and ASP.NET). I've never programmed in
ASP or ASP.NET, just dBase WAY BACK WHEN.

Which should I dive into? Is ASP already history? What is the difference?

Thanks for answering such naive questions.

Stephen

dlbjr

If new, I would suggest ASP.NET. ASP will do fine though.
They very different from each other.

dlbjr
Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

Stephen Green

Thanks for the reply. How different are they? Is one more difficult? Will
ASP become obsolete soon? Our website is hosted on Windows 2003 Server with
IIS 6.0...

Thanks again.

Stephen

"dlbjr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If new, I would suggest ASP.NET. ASP will do fine though.
> They very different from each other.
>
> dlbjr
> Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

dlbjr

Stephen,

For a beginner with your configuration, I would use ASP.NET with C#.
Use Web Matrix to code with. Download here:

http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/default...dex=4&tabId=46

I wouldn't say one is harder than the other. Just different.
Classic ASP will be around for awhile due to the excessive use.