Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP pages display source code in browser

ASP pages display source code in browser

billium99

Hello - I'm a newbie and I've been bashing my brain
against IIS for about 5 hours now.

I'm just trying to set up a testing server via
Dreamweaver that is my local box. HTML works fine and ASP
works fine IF there is no js code input. I can save a few
images in a table as an ASP page and it works great, but
if I try to pull a table from a database, the browser
suddenly displays the code, rather than the page.

I've heard some people referring to articles that might
address this, but so far I'm not seeing them.

I have .asp files being handled by asp.dll from the
internet information services section.

What the heck am I missing? What else should I provide
y'all so we can brainstorm this? Thanks!

Bill
"Spud, they're my sheets!!!"

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Are you sure you're typing http://servername/file.asp and not
c:\folder\file.asp ?

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"billium99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:65f301c48275$f1e50880$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello - I'm a newbie and I've been bashing my brain
> against IIS for about 5 hours now.
>
> I'm just trying to set up a testing server via
> Dreamweaver that is my local box. HTML works fine and ASP
> works fine IF there is no js code input. I can save a few
> images in a table as an ASP page and it works great, but
> if I try to pull a table from a database, the browser
> suddenly displays the code, rather than the page.
>
> I've heard some people referring to articles that might
> address this, but so far I'm not seeing them.
>
> I have .asp files being handled by asp.dll from the
> internet information services section.
>
> What the heck am I missing? What else should I provide
> y'all so we can brainstorm this? Thanks!
>
> Bill
> "Spud, they're my sheets!!!"

I am sure. I'm actually using Dreamweaver's test
behavior, which is throwing it to my own web server
(hence IIS) - all pages work fine if in html or asp if
there are no asp-unique components in the code. So if I
simply save an html page as an asp page, it will still
display correctly, but if I add a simple thing like
grabbing a data component from my database to display on
the page, it instantly goes to displaying the source code.
I'll check that FAQ you sent nonetheless. Thanks

Bill
"Spud, they're my sheets!!!"

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Have you tried something simpler, like

<%
response.write "hello"
%>

??

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

news:679d01c482c6$f5439900$(E-Mail Removed)...