Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Multiple File Selection

Multiple File Selection

abc

Hello,

Is there any way to select mutiple files from Client machine's drive for
uploading?

Any help in this regards will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

John

Jeff Cochran

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:41:27 +0530, "abc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there any way to select mutiple files from Client machine's drive for
>uploading?

Use an upload component that supports selecting multiple files. See:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189

Jeff

Tim Slattery

"abc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there any way to select mutiple files from Client machine's drive for
>uploading?

Not with a single <input type="file"...> tag. There is simply no HTML
attribute for that component to tell it to allow multiple selections.
But you can have multiple <input type="file"...> tags in your form.
Whatever you are using on the server side to handle the form must be
able to handle the resulting MIME-blob.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

John

I can figure out what is the difference between my and your answer ???

"Jeff Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:41:27 +0530, "abc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Is there any way to select mutiple files from Client machine's drive for
> >uploading?

> Use an upload component that supports selecting multiple files. See:
>
> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189
>
> Jeff

Ray at

Here are the differences:

00000000: 68 4F
00000001: 74 6E
00000002: 74 20
00000003: 70 46
00000004: 3A 72
00000005: 2F 69
00000006: 2F 2C
00000007: 77 20
00000008: 77 31
00000009: 77 33
0000000A: 2E 20
0000000B: 61 41
0000000C: 73 75
0000000D: 70 67
0000000E: 66 20
0000000F: 61 32
00000010: 71 30
00000011: 2E 30
00000012: 63 34
00000013: 6F 20
00000014: 6D 31
00000015: 2F 36
00000016: 73 3A
00000017: 68 34
00000018: 6F 31
00000019: 77 3A
0000001A: 2E 32
0000001B: 61 37
0000001C: 73 20
0000001D: 70 2B
0000001E: 3F 30
0000001F: 69 35
00000020: 64 33
00000021: 3D 30
00000022: 32 2C
00000023: 31 20
00000024: 38 22
00000025: 39 61

Ray at work

"John" <n o b o d (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7M2Tc.212577$5%(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
>I can figure out what is the difference between my and your answer ???
>
> "Jeff Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:41:27 +0530, "abc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Is there any way to select mutiple files from Client machine's drive for
>> >uploading?

>> Use an upload component that supports selecting multiple files. See:
>>
>> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189
>>
>> Jeff

Jeff Cochran

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:48:03 GMT, "John" <n o b o d (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I can figure out what is the difference between my and your answer ???

At the time I posted mine, my news server didn't show yours. The
nature of Usenet is that communication isn't instantaneous, so similar
or duplicate answers will often appear.

If you prefer, you can drop me an email and ask if I plan on answering
a question and what my answer will be, then wait for me to reply
before posting yours.

Of course, life is better for the original poster if they get multiple
answers, even similar or identical ones, rather than no answers at
all.

Jeff