Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Synchronize framed page output to browser?

Synchronize framed page output to browser?

Art

I have an ASP page split up with three different frames. One of the frames
takes long time to load (due to long running function) and the first two are
loaded before the most important one - loaded about 5 seconds later.
Is there a way to synchronize the output so that the other frames wait for
the last one to load?

Ray at

You could use client side code as such:

Main frame page:
<frameset rows="100,*">
<frame name="topFrame" src="/pleaseWaitWhileLoading.htm">
<frameset cols="100,*">
<frame name="leftFrame" src="/pleaseWaitWhileLoading.htm">
<frame name="mainFrame" src="/yourPageThatIsSlow.asp">
</frameset>
</frameset>

And then in yourPageThatIsSlow.asp do:

<%
'''your code
%>
<script type="text/javascript">
parent.topFrame.location.replace('/whatPageShouldReallyBeInTheTopFrame.asp')
;
parent.leftFrame.location.replace('/whatPageShouldReallyBeInTheLeftFrame.asp
');
</script>

Ray at home

news:(E-Mail Removed)...