Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error accessing the OLE registry error

Error accessing the OLE registry error

Wanda

Hi there,

I am getting a Error accessing the OLE registry when the system goes
hit the following line

set xWd = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")
in my asp?

Anything I have to set-up in order to remove this error...

Please advice the steps that I should take...Thank in advance...Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Wanda

Ray at

I suggest that you read this.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257757
Note: Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support,
Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended,
non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, DCOM, and NT
Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when
run in this environment.

See this article as well for some suggestions.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270906

Also here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ficedev_topic9

Ray at work

"Wanda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi there,
>
> I am getting a Error accessing the OLE registry when the system goes
> hit the following line
>
> set xWd = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")
> in my asp?
>
> Anything I have to set-up in order to remove this error...
>
> Please advice the steps that I should take...Thank in advance...Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Wanda

Wanda Li

I just wonder if there is another way to do it, if I use client-side
script instead of the server-client, I am sure this problem will be
gone.

But then another issuse will come up, since I have to use the template
from the server. How can I ask for a template from the server and edit
it at the client-side and then save the file to someother server????

Thanks in advance.
Wanda

Ole ole Patrick.O.Ige ASP .Net 0 07-16-2006 08:10 AM
LDAP ComException (0x8002801C): Error accessing the OLE registry Jody Gelowitz ASP .Net 1 10-26-2004 05:08 PM
Error accessing the OLE registry - RE: Q326340 =?Utf-8?B?QmVuIGluIExvbmRvbg==?= ASP .Net 0 07-29-2004 12:40 PM
Creating an OLE server document in Python (MFC/OLE/COM/Python newbie) Drew Pihera Python 0 02-04-2004 07:48 PM
Win32::OLE adding shape to OLE Object (xlsheet) in PPT Lance Hoffmeyer Perl Misc 0 11-17-2003 07:44 PM

Advertisments