Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Why are "bookmarks" appearing in my querystrings?

Why are "bookmarks" appearing in my querystrings?

goinoutwest

On July 3, I started noticing some page errors in my web application. All
of the erroring clients where using Windows XP - MSIE 6.0. It seems these
clients were passing the bookmark (fragment identifier) portion of the URL
to the server.

For example, with the following URL:
http://testsite.com/page.aspx?myquery=test#bookmark

The browser *should* send a request for:
http://testsite.com/page.aspx?myquery=test

However, these clients were sending the entire URL as the request. Thus, my
querystring parameter "myquery" had the unexpected value of "test#bookmark".

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Perhaps it is related to the
download.ject patch (released July 2). I have yet to recieve a response to
this message, which was posted one week ago in two other newsgroups.

Thanks,
Rob