Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > slow ASP on server 2003

slow ASP on server 2003

Bill Buss

I just migrated an NT4.0 website (all ASP) to Windows
Server 2003 (small business server - deluxe edition) and
some pages are very slow to render on client.

Seems to be pages with tables. I can stop the browser by
clicking "X" and the table will be partly rendered. The
table only has 26 rows and very little content.

Any ideas why this is happening would be appreciated. I
have read of others with the same problem but no solutions.

Thanks
B.Buss

I found that "buffering" was disabled on the virtual web
folder of my new website. With buffering off,
every "response.write" was sent independently to the
client. With buffering on, the page is built and then
sent in one transmission.