Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > send method CDONTS.NewMail

send method CDONTS.NewMail

vasanth kumar

I am running the following script for sending e-mail thro web

Set objCDOMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objCDOMail.From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
objCDOMail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
objCDOMail.Subject = "Library books"
objCDOMail.BodyFormat = 0
objCDOMail.MailFormat = 0
objCDOMail.Body = "hi"
objCDOMail.Send
Set objCDOMail = Nothing
-------------------------
I get the following error, when I call send method of CDONTS.NewMail object
---------------------
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
Permission denied

/cae/library/issueupdate.asp, line 61

----------------------------

I tried both the following. Everything looks fine. My OS is windows200
server

Can somebody give a clue, what is going wrong

Any help is appreciated

-Vasanth

dlbjr

Check User Rights in the SMTP Virtual Server in IIS.
I would suggest using CDO instead of CDONTS.

Set objCDOMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
objCDOMail.From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
objCDOMail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
objCDOMail.Subject = "Library books"
objCDOMail.BodyFormat = 0
objCDOMail.MailFormat = 0
objCDOMail.Body = "hi"
objCDOMail.Send
Set objCDOMail = Nothing

dlbjr
Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

vasanth kumar

Only administrators have permissions for SMTP Virtual Server in IIS. Who
else should have?

"dlbjr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check User Rights in the SMTP Virtual Server in IIS.
> I would suggest using CDO instead of CDONTS.
>

> Set objCDOMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
> objCDOMail.From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> objCDOMail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> objCDOMail.Subject = "Library books"
> objCDOMail.BodyFormat = 0
> objCDOMail.MailFormat = 0
> objCDOMail.Body = "hi"
> objCDOMail.Send
> Set objCDOMail = Nothing
>

> dlbjr
> Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

vasanth kumar

now I get the following error. when I call send method
CDO.Message.1 error '80040220'

The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

/cae/library/cdomail.asp, line 31

"dlbjr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check User Rights in the SMTP Virtual Server in IIS.
> I would suggest using CDO instead of CDONTS.
>

> Set objCDOMail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
> objCDOMail.From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> objCDOMail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> objCDOMail.Subject = "Library books"
> objCDOMail.BodyFormat = 0
> objCDOMail.MailFormat = 0
> objCDOMail.Body = "hi"
> objCDOMail.Send
> Set objCDOMail = Nothing
>

> dlbjr
> Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Stop using CDONTS!
http://www.aspfaq.com/2026

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"vasanth kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am running the following script for sending e-mail thro web
>
> Set objCDOMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
> objCDOMail.From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> objCDOMail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> objCDOMail.Subject = "Library books"
> objCDOMail.BodyFormat = 0
> objCDOMail.MailFormat = 0
> objCDOMail.Body = "hi"
> objCDOMail.Send
> Set objCDOMail = Nothing
> -------------------------
> I get the following error, when I call send method of CDONTS.NewMail
> object
> ---------------------
> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
> Permission denied
>
> /cae/library/issueupdate.asp, line 61
>
> ----------------------------
>
> I tried both the following. Everything looks fine. My OS is windows200
> server

> Can somebody give a clue, what is going wrong
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> -Vasanth

vasanth kumar

I disabled Anonymous Access for my webfolder.
I gave Authentication as Basic Authentication.
users login to this folder and update data. here I am running a script for
sending a mail.
The logged user does not have modify/write permission to the
inetpub/wwwrot/mailroot/pickup folder.
so my script is failing(as Permisson Denied") when I call send method of
CDONTS.NewMail object.
I gave modify permissions to all the users of this tool for
inetpub/wwwrot/mailroot/pickup folder.
then my script is successful.

Is this right way? How do people handle this kind of situation.
is there any danger in doing the above step?

Any suggestion appreciated

Regards,
Vasanth
-----------------------------------
"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stop using CDONTS!
> http://www.aspfaq.com/2026
>
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)
>

> "vasanth kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am running the following script for sending e-mail thro web
> >
> > Set objCDOMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
> > objCDOMail.From = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> > objCDOMail.To = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> > objCDOMail.Subject = "Library books"
> > objCDOMail.BodyFormat = 0
> > objCDOMail.MailFormat = 0
> > objCDOMail.Body = "hi"
> > objCDOMail.Send
> > Set objCDOMail = Nothing
> > -------------------------
> > I get the following error, when I call send method of CDONTS.NewMail
> > object
> > ---------------------
> > Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
> > Permission denied
> >
> > /cae/library/issueupdate.asp, line 61
> >
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > I tried both the following. Everything looks fine. My OS is windows200
> > server
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;286301
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;197619
> >
> > Can somebody give a clue, what is going wrong
> >
> > Any help is appreciated
> >
> > -Vasanth

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

ASP.Net has its own SMTP solution (which may use CDO behind the scenes, I'm
not sure... but the code you will use is certainly a re-write). Please
follow up in a .NET newsgroup for more information.

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...