Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > #include

#include

Christopher Brandsdal

If I want to include a file to my webpage that is not placed in the same
folder asd the application, but in another folder on the same disk...

I found out that this is not going to work:
<!--#include virtual="D:/binaer.no/nova/test.asp"-->

Is there any other way to include from another domain account on the same
server?

There is going to be several applications that includes the same file, so
the trix ../../../ will not do it for me...

Christopher Brandsdal

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

(a) use file instead of virtual
(b) this is not unix, use backslashes for local file references

<!--#include file="D:\binear.no\nova\test.asp"-->

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I want to include a file to my webpage that is not placed in the same
> folder asd the application, but in another folder on the same disk...
>
> I found out that this is not going to work:
> <!--#include virtual="D:/binaer.no/nova/test.asp"-->
>
> Is there any other way to include from another domain account on the same
> server?
>
> There is going to be several applications that includes the same file, so
> the trix ../../../ will not do it for me...
>

> Christopher Brandsdal

Christopher Brandsdal

Thanks, but it still does not work....

The Include tag looks like this:
<!--#include file="D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp"-->

but I still get this error:
-----
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/client/test.asp, line 11

The include file 'D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp' was not found.

-----

I have used my explorer to find the path, ant it is of caurse right. Tripple
checked So theres got to be something else strange that I can not
understand..

Thank you so much for helping me Aaron! It is a GREAT help for me!

"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eDd0R#(E-Mail Removed)...
> (a) use file instead of virtual
> (b) this is not unix, use backslashes for local file references
>
> <!--#include file="D:\binear.no\nova\test.asp"-->
>
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)
>

> "Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If I want to include a file to my webpage that is not placed in the same
> > folder asd the application, but in another folder on the same disk...
> >
> > I found out that this is not going to work:
> > <!--#include virtual="D:/binaer.no/nova/test.asp"-->
> >
> > Is there any other way to include from another domain account on the

same
> > server?
> >
> > There is going to be several applications that includes the same file,

so
> > the trix ../../../ will not do it for me...
> >

> > Christopher Brandsdal

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Are you sure IUSR_machinename has access to that folder?

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, but it still does not work....
>
> The Include tag looks like this:
> <!--#include file="D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp"-->
>
> but I still get this error:

> -----
> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
>
> Include file not found
>
> /client/test.asp, line 11
>
> The include file 'D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp' was not found.

> -----
>
> I have used my explorer to find the path, ant it is of caurse right.

Tripple
> checked So theres got to be something else strange that I can not
> understand..
>

> Thank you so much for helping me Aaron! It is a GREAT help for me!
>

> "Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eDd0R#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > (a) use file instead of virtual
> > (b) this is not unix, use backslashes for local file references
> >
> > <!--#include file="D:\binear.no\nova\test.asp"-->
> >
> > --
> > http://www.aspfaq.com/
> > (Reverse address to reply.)
> >

> > "Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > If I want to include a file to my webpage that is not placed in the

same
> > > folder asd the application, but in another folder on the same disk...
> > >
> > > I found out that this is not going to work:
> > > <!--#include virtual="D:/binaer.no/nova/test.asp"-->
> > >
> > > Is there any other way to include from another domain account on the

> same
> > > server?
> > >
> > > There is going to be several applications that includes the same file,

> so
> > > the trix ../../../ will not do it for me...
> > >

> > > Christopher Brandsdal

Christopher Brandsdal

Yes, because it is a domain account..
D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp = www.binaer.no/nova/test.asp

The code is running from
D:\fagernesweb.no\client\test.asp = www.fagernesweb.no/client/test.asp

"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you sure IUSR_machinename has access to that folder?
>
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)
>

> "Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks, but it still does not work....
> >
> > The Include tag looks like this:
> > <!--#include file="D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp"-->
> >
> > but I still get this error:

> > -----
> > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
> >
> > Include file not found
> >
> > /client/test.asp, line 11
> >
> > The include file 'D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp' was not found.

> > -----
> >
> > I have used my explorer to find the path, ant it is of caurse right.

> Tripple
> > checked So theres got to be something else strange that I can not
> > understand..
> >

> > Thank you so much for helping me Aaron! It is a GREAT help for me!
> >

> > "Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:eDd0R#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > (a) use file instead of virtual
> > > (b) this is not unix, use backslashes for local file references
> > >
> > > <!--#include file="D:\binear.no\nova\test.asp"-->
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://www.aspfaq.com/
> > > (Reverse address to reply.)
> > >

> > > "Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> same

disk...

> > same

file,
> > so

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Well, I don't know, since I can't see your machines, I can only take your
word that IUSR has access. I don't know if anyone will be able to offer you
any more than that.

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, because it is a domain account..
> D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp = www.binaer.no/nova/test.asp
>
> The code is running from
> D:\fagernesweb.no\client\test.asp = www.fagernesweb.no/client/test.asp

Christopher Brandsdal

hehe ok thanks!

But my question was in the first place: is it possible to include for
instance D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp
And your answer is 'yes'
So I think I'll just keep trying till I get it to work
I'll let you know if I find the solution!

"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I don't know, since I can't see your machines, I can only take your
> word that IUSR has access. I don't know if anyone will be able to offer

you
> any more than that.
>
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)
>

> "Christopher Brandsdal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes, because it is a domain account..
> > D:\binaer.no\Nova\test.asp = www.binaer.no/nova/test.asp
> >
> > The code is running from
> > D:\fagernesweb.no\client\test.asp = www.fagernesweb.no/client/test.asp

dave

Rename the folder name
binaer.no
as its contains "." might be creating problem..
and try aaron's suggessted syntax
cheers
dave

www.binaer.no/nova/test.asp

>> > The code is running from
>> > D:\fagernesweb.no\client\test.asp =

www.fagernesweb.no/client/test.asp

>.

Christopher Brandsdal

Thanks dave! I'll try
news:488501c47371$9fee4db0$(E-Mail Removed)...