Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > My server asks for usename & password when opening an asp page

My server asks for usename & password when opening an asp page

Clive.Bradley

My newly rented 2003 Standard Edition dedicated server allows me to
access HTML or picture files but asks for username and password when I
try and open an a asp page.
I have set Authenticated User permissions to Read & Execute and
Directory properties to Scripts & Executables. What have I missed ?

Jos

Clive.Bradley wrote:
> My newly rented 2003 Standard Edition dedicated server allows me to
> access HTML or picture files but asks for username and password when I
> try and open an a asp page.
> I have set Authenticated User permissions to Read & Execute and
> Directory properties to Scripts & Executables. What have I missed ?

Allow anonymous access?

--

Jos

Clive Bradley

Thanks - but I do have "Enable Anonymous access" checked, also
"Integrated Windows Authentication"

Jeff Cochran

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 01:23:40 -0700, Clive Bradley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks - but I do have "Enable Anonymous access" checked, also
>"Integrated Windows Authentication"

Uncheck the Integrated Windows if you want the site anonymous.

Jeff

Clive Bradley

Thanks Jeff, I tried Unchecking "Integrated Windows Authentication" but
instead of displaying the "Enter Network Password" dialogue box now it
just goes straight to the 401.3 Error

HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on
the requested resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Usename regex Mick Walker ASP .Net 10 08-02-2007 10:36 AM
workgroup computer not accessible or asks for password jr4939@itsa.ucsf.edu Wireless Networking 1 04-26-2006 01:51 PM
VPN client asks for username and password when connecting! Dave Cisco 7 12-22-2005 09:55 AM
Asp Page asks for username & password Ashutosh ASP General 2 10-07-2005 12:41 PM
Firefox no longer asks to save password. Andy J. Firefox 3 09-08-2005 12:55 AM

Advertisments