Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Multi Language Site

Multi Language Site

prschmid

I am currently creating a multi-language site using ASP .NET and was wondering what people think the best way to do this. Keeping a session variable of the users's choice? Cookies?

Thank you in advance for any advice, comments, help.

joker

This newsgroup is for classic ASP. None of the .net is talked about here.

prschmid wrote:

> I am currently creating a multi-language site using ASP .NET and was wondering what people think the best way to do this. Keeping a session variable of the users's choice? Cookies?
>
> Thank you in advance for any advice, comments, help.

Bob Lehmann

Oh my, Heavens no. We would never talk about the DotNet here. That would be
naughty.

Keepin' it pure,
Bob Lehmann

"joker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This newsgroup is for classic ASP. None of the .net is talked about here.
>
> prschmid wrote:
>
> > I am currently creating a multi-language site using ASP .NET and was

wondering what people think the best way to do this. Keeping a session
variable of the users's choice? Cookies?

> > Thank you in advance for any advice, comments, help.

BTR

Regardless - of the technology, storing a cookie for non personally
identifiable information is in my opinion the best way. Takes the load
off the server and gives it to the browser and is not a security risk.

Storing your info in XML would also be beneficial to you so you'd only
have to make the framewrok. This may help you out.

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...alization.aspx

- Bastard

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:57:04 -0700, "prschmid"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am currently creating a multi-language site using ASP .NET and was wondering what people think the best way to do this. Keeping a session variable of the users's choice? Cookies?
>
>Thank you in advance for any advice, comments, help.

Bullschmidt

<<
I am currently creating a multi-language site using ASP .NET and was
wondering what people think the best way to do this. Keeping a session
variable of the users's choice? Cookies?

Thank you in advance for any advice, comments, help.

Well here's a concept that could perhaps be used with any programming
tool.

Classic ASP Design Tips - Multiple Language Web Site
http://www.bullschmidt.com/devtip-mu...agewebsite.asp

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Classic ASP Design Tips, ASP Web Database Demo, ASP Bar Chart Tool...