Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session.session not maintained

Reply
Thread Tools

Session.session not maintained

 
 
Saville Kaufman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2004
I have a site developed using ASP, but each page I enter has a different session id when accessing the site using the domain name of the site. When accessing the site from my network and using the internal IP address, it is OK. Any ideas?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2004
do you use a proxy server?
Is IE seeing the domain as 'internet zone' and is your security setting for
the internet zone set that it blocks all cookies?

--
compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net
http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm

"Saville Kaufman" <Saville http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a site developed using ASP, but each page I enter has a different
>session id when accessing the site using the domain name of the site. When
>accessing the site from my network and using the internal IP address, it is
>OK. Any ideas?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Saville Kaufman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2004
Hi Egbert

I do not use a proxy server and I do not block cookies.

Maybe this can throw soem light:
Domain uses framed web hosting. Cold this have an effect?

Thanks

Saville

"Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" wrote:

> do you use a proxy server?
> Is IE seeing the domain as 'internet zone' and is your security setting for
> the internet zone set that it blocks all cookies?
>
> --
> compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net
> http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm
>
> "Saville Kaufman" <Saville (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a site developed using ASP, but each page I enter has a different
> >session id when accessing the site using the domain name of the site. When
> >accessing the site from my network and using the internal IP address, it is
> >OK. Any ideas?

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Saville Kaufman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2004
Hi Egbert,

No proxy, and I don't block cookies.

The fact that I am using framed web-forwarding, could this be the cause?

Thanks

Saville

"Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" wrote:

> do you use a proxy server?
> Is IE seeing the domain as 'internet zone' and is your security setting for
> the internet zone set that it blocks all cookies?
>
> --
> compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net
> http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm
>
> "Saville Kaufman" <Saville (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a site developed using ASP, but each page I enter has a different
> >session id when accessing the site using the domain name of the site. When
> >accessing the site from my network and using the internal IP address, it is
> >OK. Any ideas?

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2004
IE is protected against cookies in framing as soon as the cookies come from
another host than the real URL you want to see in the webbar.
I'm not quite known with framed web forwarding but as soon as the host name
differs from the HTML headers, which also contain a host-header, cookies
won't work anymore
--
compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net
http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm

"Saville Kaufman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Egbert,
>
> No proxy, and I don't block cookies.
>
> The fact that I am using framed web-forwarding, could this be the cause?
>
> Thanks
>
> Saville
>
> "Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS)" wrote:
>
>> do you use a proxy server?
>> Is IE seeing the domain as 'internet zone' and is your security setting
>> for
>> the internet zone set that it blocks all cookies?
>>
>> --
>> compatible web farm Session replacement for Asp and Asp.Net
>> http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm
>>
>> "Saville Kaufman" <Saville (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have a site developed using ASP, but each page I enter has a different
>> >session id when accessing the site using the domain name of the site.
>> >When
>> >accessing the site from my network and using the internal IP address, it
>> >is
>> >OK. Any ideas?

>>
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ViewState Not Maintained In Refresh batista ASP .Net 1 10-12-2005 12:27 PM
Listbox containing duplicate items - correct selection not maintained on postback? Adam Clauss ASP .Net 10 09-08-2005 06:59 PM
CheckBoxList values not appearing and State not maintained jmhmaine ASP .Net Web Controls 2 01-21-2005 03:32 AM
CheckBoxList values not appearing and State not maintained when ne jmhmaine ASP .Net Web Controls 0 01-20-2005 04:25 PM
ViewState Not maintained for ListBox updated through Client vilas h via .NET 247 ASP .Net 1 06-05-2004 08:20 PM



Advertisments