Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > page expired problem

page expired problem

Rahul Chatterjee

Hello All

I have a web pagewhich queries a db and displays information on the
subsequent page. On the subsequent page if I click back to previous page
(this is a button with javascript code on it), it takes me to the previous
page but the page says - "warning page expired". When I am in my company
work environment, I dont get this page, it properly displays the information
on the previous page but when I go to the client site, it gives me the
problem All of us are on the same IE version and service packs. Could this
be a programming issue or a security issue.

Please advise

Thank you

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

With default web server settings, the expiring page is normal. With most
apps, the back button is a pariah, so it is best to have the pages expire
than to take a chance of duped data.

You can explicitly force the pages to not expire, if you wish, but I would
think about providing a try again button rather than turn this off ...
unless you have code to avoid double submits.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!