Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Re-Posting Data

Re-Posting Data

James Baker

I'm building a wizard-type site and I have a form that has a fair amount of
information being posted page to page until it reaches the end where it has
all of the data from Page 1 - Page 5.

For future reference more than anything...is there a way to post all of the
data coming from a previous page to the next page? Basically I just wrote
out all of the values I received on each page into hidden variables and then
posted that to the next page every time. Is there a simpler way?

Thanks,
James

Kris Eiben

No simpler way AFAIK. Of course, you can make it easy on yourself by
looping over the collection (warning: I'm coding from memory, syntax may
be off).
<%
for each i in request.form
response.write "<input type='hidden' name='" & i & "' value='" &
request.form(i) & "'>"
next
%>

"James Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm building a wizard-type site and I have a form that has a fair

amount of
> information being posted page to page until it reaches the end where

it has
> all of the data from Page 1 - Page 5.
>
> For future reference more than anything...is there a way to post all

of the
> data coming from a previous page to the next page? Basically I just

wrote
> out all of the values I received on each page into hidden variables

and then
> posted that to the next page every time. Is there a simpler way?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:18:35 -0400, "James Baker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm building a wizard-type site and I have a form that has a fair amount of
>information being posted page to page until it reaches the end where it has
>all of the data from Page 1 - Page 5.
>
>For future reference more than anything...is there a way to post all of the
>data coming from a previous page to the next page? Basically I just wrote
>out all of the values I received on each page into hidden variables and then
>posted that to the next page every time. Is there a simpler way?

Session variables, store them in a database, build a single-page form,
etc.

Jeff