Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Getting WorkWeek Values?

Getting WorkWeek Values?

M P

I can easily get the current date by using Date(), how about WorkWeek?

Mark

Ken Schaefer

What is a "work week"?

Cheers
Ken

"M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: I can easily get the current date by using Date(), how about WorkWeek?
:
: Mark
:
:

M P

workweek calendar. Like 2004, we have 53 work weeks.

"Ken Schaefer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is a "work week"?
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>

> "M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : I can easily get the current date by using Date(), how about WorkWeek?
> :
> : Mark
> :
> :

Ken Schaefer

What is the difference between a "work week", and a "week"?
What about partial weeks? (eg if 1st January 2004 is a Thursday?)

Cheers
Ken

"M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
: workweek calendar. Like 2004, we have 53 work weeks.
:
:
: "Ken Schaefer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
: > What is a "work week"?
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ken
: >
: >
: > "M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > : I can easily get the current date by using Date(), how about WorkWeek?
: > :
: > : Mark
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

M P

You don't get what I mean.
Ex. Today is 06-Jul-2004 under WorkWeek 28, for next week its Work Week 29,
and so on...

What I mean with workweek is the work week calendar.
"Ken Schaefer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the difference between a "work week", and a "week"?
> What about partial weeks? (eg if 1st January 2004 is a Thursday?)
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>

> "M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> : workweek calendar. Like 2004, we have 53 work weeks.
> :
> :
> : "Ken Schaefer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> : > What is a "work week"?
> : >
> : > Cheers
> : > Ken
> : >
> : >
> : > "M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : > : I can easily get the current date by using Date(), how about

WorkWeek?
> : > :
> : > : Mark
> : > :
> : > :
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

McKirahan

"M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You don't get what I mean.
> Ex. Today is 06-Jul-2004 under WorkWeek 28, for next week its Work Week

29,
> and so on...

Enter this in the IE Address line and press Enter:

vbscriptatePart("ww",Date())

vbscriptatePart("ww",#12/31/2004#)

Larry Bud

"McKirahan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<6evGc.31193$a24.28857@attbi_s03>...
> "M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You don't get what I mean.
> > Ex. Today is 06-Jul-2004 under WorkWeek 28, for next week its Work Week

> 29,
> > and so on...

> Enter this in the IE Address line and press Enter:
>
> vbscriptatePart("ww",Date())
>
> vbscriptatePart("ww",#12/31/2004#)

Holy cow. never knew ie would do that.

Dave Anderson

Larry Bud wrote:

>> Enter this in the IE Address line and press Enter:
>>
>> vbscriptatePart("ww",Date())
>>
>> vbscriptatePart("ww",#12/31/2004#)

> Holy cow. never knew ie would do that.

VBScript or scripting from the location bar? By my observation, all
script-enabled browsers allow some amount of location bar scripting. I
noticed something rather interesting, though:

--- FireFox 0.9.1 and Mozilla 1.7 ---
javascript:alert(123) Success
jscript:alert(123) Nothing
ecmascript:alert(123) Nothing
vbscript:alert(123) Redirect to http://www.vbscript.com/home/

--- IE6 ---
javascript:alert(123) Success
jscript:alert(123) Location changes to vbscript:alert(123)
ecmascript:alert(123) Location changes to javascript:alert(123)
vbscript:alert(123) Success

--- Opera 7.23 ---
javascript:alert(123) Success
jscript:alert(123) Error: Unsupported
ecmascript:alert(123) Error: Unsupported
vbscript:alert(123) Error: Unsupported

Why on Earth would jscript: change to vbscript: ?

--
Dave Anderson

M P

Thanks McKirahan!

"McKirahan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You don't get what I mean.
> > Ex. Today is 06-Jul-2004 under WorkWeek 28, for next week its Work Week

> 29,
> > and so on...

> Enter this in the IE Address line and press Enter:
>
> vbscriptatePart("ww",Date())
>
> vbscriptatePart("ww",#12/31/2004#)

Ken Schaefer

....no, you don't get what I mean. What the hell is a "work week"? Is there a
definition, or it is just something you made up? Or is it just the week of
the year? And if it's just the week of the year, how do you classify partial
weeks?

[...]

: > : >
: > : > Cheers
: > : > Ken
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > "M P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: > : > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > : > : I can easily get the current date by using Date(), how about
: WorkWeek?
: > : > :
: > : > : Mark
: > : > :