Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Create database - How come this code doesn't work?

Create database - How come this code doesn't work?

michaaal

I am trying to run this code on a Windows 2003 Server.
I have ASP enabled. Any idea why it doesn't work?

<%
newDB = "new.mdb"
newDB = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & newDB

Set cat = CreateObject("ADOX.Catalog")
cat.Create newDB
Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.Open newDB

' create tables, etc...
%>

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

What on earth does "doesn't work" mean?

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"michaaal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to run this code on a Windows 2003 Server.
> I have ASP enabled. Any idea why it doesn't work?
>

> <%
> newDB = "new.mdb"
> newDB = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & newDB
>
> Set cat = CreateObject("ADOX.Catalog")
> cat.Create newDB
> Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> conn.Open newDB
>
> ' create tables, etc...
> %>

Evertjan.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 01 jul 2004 in
> What on earth does "doesn't work" mean?

Well, Aaron,
after a long day of remembering the years
that I did work more than fulltime,
I can understand that people say that of me.

OT ;-}

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

michaaal

> What on earth does "doesn't work" mean?

Aaron, sorry for not getting specific.

I am trying to use this code to dynamically create an MS Access database
on my Win2003 web server. I get something to the effect of "page cannot
be displayed".

Could you try the code on your server possibly? Or tell me a better way to
dynamically create a MS Access database?

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

> on my Win2003 web server. I get something to the effect of "page cannot
> be displayed".

Now, find out the real error.
http://www.aspfaq.com/2109
http://www.aspfaq.com/2476

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

Bob Barrows [MVP]

michaaal wrote:
>> What on earth does "doesn't work" mean?

> Aaron, sorry for not getting specific.
>
> I am trying to use this code to dynamically create an MS Access
> database on my Win2003 web server. I get something to the effect of
> "page cannot be displayed".
>
> Could you try the code on your server possibly? Or tell me a better
> way to dynamically create a MS Access database?

We need to see the real error message
(http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109), although I can practically
guarantee that it's a permissions issue.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"