Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Submit Form Data Approaches

Submit Form Data Approaches

Matt

I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's my
attempts.
Please advise. Thanks!!

1) html submit button, most commonly used.

<form name="formName" action="url" method="post">
<input type="submit">

2) html regular button, and a JavaScript to invoke the form.submit() method

<form action="url"
function submitForm()
{ //etc...
formName.submit();
}
<input type="button" onClick="submitForm()">

3) onsubmit event handling
<form name="formName" action="url" method="post" onsubmit="return
submitForm()">
function submitForm()
{ //etc...
//formName.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!!
}
<input type="submit">

Evertjan.

Matt wrote on 26 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's my
> attempts.
> Please advise. Thanks!!

This is an ASP serverside NG,

Please ask a clientside NG.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Matt wrote:
> I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's
> my attempts.
> Please advise. Thanks!!

What's the problem?

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

submit 1 form to 2 servers or 2 forms to 2 server (1 form each) on 1 submit abansal.itp@gmail.com Javascript 3 06-23-2007 07:29 AM
submit the form data to the popup window without a submit button jrefactors@hotmail.com Javascript 2 01-01-2005 06:07 AM
submit the form data to the popup window without a submit button jrefactors@hotmail.com HTML 2 01-01-2005 06:07 AM
submit form data approaches Matt HTML 1 06-26-2004 08:24 PM
submit form data approaches Matt Javascript 0 06-26-2004 08:05 PM

Advertisments