Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > submit form data in multiple buttons on a form

submit form data in multiple buttons on a form

Matt

The problem is I have 3 buttons that need to submit the form to different
URL.
My approach is to declare <input type="submit"> rather than <input
type="button">.
And put the following in the JavaScript:
InputForm.action="URL LOCATION"
InputForm.method="POST";

I think we don't need InputForm.submit(); because <input type="submit">.

Please advise and comment my approaches. Thanks!!

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
function onClickURL1()
{ InputForm.action="url1.asp"
InputForm.method="POST";
//InputForm.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!! because of input type="submit"??
}
function onClickURL2()
{ InputForm.action="url2.asp"
InputForm.method="POST";
//InputForm.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!! because of input type="submit"??
}
function onClickURL3()
{ InputForm.action="url3.asp"
InputForm.method="POST";
//InputForm.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!! because of input type="submit"??
}
</script>
</head>
<form name="InputForm">
<P><input type="text" name="username">
<P><INPUT type="submit" value="submit form data to URL1" name="action1"
onclick="onClickURL1()">
<P><INPUT type="submit" value="submit form data to URL2" name="action2"
onclick="onClickURL2()">
<P><INPUT type="submit" value="submit form data to URL3" name="action3"
onclick="onClickURL3()">
</form>

Evertjan.

Matt wrote on 26 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> The problem is I have 3 buttons that need to submit the form to different
> URL.

This is an ASP serverside NG,

Please ask a clientside NG.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Matt wrote:
> The problem is I have 3 buttons that need to submit the form to
> different URL.
> My approach is to declare <input type="submit"> rather than <input
> type="button">.
> And put the following in the JavaScript:
> InputForm.action="URL LOCATION"
> InputForm.method="POST";

Again, I don't understand what your problem is.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"