Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Yes: The SESSION cookie is never created

Yes: The SESSION cookie is never created

ou812@ou812.com

Yes. The session_onstart event will fire for every pull BECAUSE no
SESSIONID cookie is ever created and the server has to assume that
every HTTP REQUEST frame is a new session. The response object is
actually just setting a header, of course.

Every redirect is sending a header to the browser equivalent to a
"meta refresh" and that once again triggers the session_onstart.

Geezus. Duh.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

> Yes. The session_onstart event will fire for every pull BECAUSE no
> SESSIONID cookie is ever created and the server has to assume that
> every HTTP REQUEST frame is a new session. The response object is
> actually just setting a header, of course.
>
> Every redirect is sending a header to the browser equivalent to a
> "meta refresh" and that once again triggers the session_onstart.
>
> Geezus. Duh.

Uuumm, to what is this referring?

It helps to quote a little bit of the message to which you are replying so
that people will know what you are talking about ...
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

ou812@ou812.com

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:51:33 -0400, "Bob Barrows [MVP]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

I meant to reply to messageID "(E-Mail Removed)"
from Mark Schupp 6/24/2004. Apologies. I clicked the wrong thing.

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Yes. The session_onstart event will fire for every pull BECAUSE no
>> SESSIONID cookie is ever created and the server has to assume that
>> every HTTP REQUEST frame is a new session. The response object is
>> actually just setting a header, of course.
>>
>> Every redirect is sending a header to the browser equivalent to a
>> "meta refresh" and that once again triggers the session_onstart.
>>
>> Geezus. Duh.

>Uuumm, to what is this referring?
>
>It helps to quote a little bit of the message to which you are replying so
>that people will know what you are talking about ...
>--
>Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
>Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
>don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
>"NO SPAM"

ou812@ou812.com

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:45:21 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

In saying "Geezus. Duh", I was commenting on my own confusion.

Thanks.