Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > post form data to a modal dialog window

post form data to a modal dialog window

Matt

I reposted this question because I really want to accomplish this task.
Please advise!!

I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by width
200px.

Here's my attempts and problems:

Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">

In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur = "self.focus()">

It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
width and height of modaldialog.asp.

Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp", params,
"dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");

This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
modaldialog.asp.

Any workarounds to my problems??

Thanks!!

Alan Howard

Look at using window.resizeBy() in the onload method of your modal window -
and just post to it as per your first attempt below. Any other queries of
this type might be better asked in a client-side group.

Alan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I reposted this question because I really want to accomplish this task.
> Please advise!!
>

> I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
> window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by

width
> 200px.
>
> Here's my attempts and problems:
>
> Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
> action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">
>
> In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur =

"self.focus()">

> It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
> width and height of modaldialog.asp.
>
> Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp",

params,
> "dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");
>
> This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
> modaldialog.asp.
>
> Any workarounds to my problems??
>
> Thanks!!

StephenMcC

Hi,

As far as I remember, when using modal windows and the 'showModalDialog' method, any info for the modal page/ASP must be passed either in the passed url or via the params parameter, don't think u can pass any submitted form content to it. You be better of submitting to a new window as mentioned and having client script to re-size it on_load.

Although (u didn't mention this, but) I'm not sure if you can get access to the '.opener' method this way, allowing the new/modal window to communicate with it's parent window to pass any info down/back on modal close etc! For this behaviour may need to use window.open method!

Stephen
..