Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > post form data to a modal dialog window with desired height and width

post form data to a modal dialog window with desired height and width

Matt

I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by width
200px.

Here's my attempts and problems:

Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">

In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur = "self.focus()">

It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
width and height of modaldialog.asp.

Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp", params,
"dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");

This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
modaldialog.asp.

Any workarounds to my problems??

Thanks!!

Steven Burn

Have you tried;

<form method="post"
action="javascript:window.showModalDialog('modaldi alog.asp', params,
'dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;');">

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
> window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by

width
> 200px.
>
> Here's my attempts and problems:
>
> Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
> action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">
>
> In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur =

"self.focus()">

> It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
> width and height of modaldialog.asp.
>
> Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp",

params,
> "dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");
>
> This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
> modaldialog.asp.
>
> Any workarounds to my problems??
>
> Thanks!!

Matt

Steven:

I just tried your method. It pops up modal dialog. But the problem is it
cannot get the post data in modaldialog.asp.
For example: Request.Form("id"); cannot get data in modaldialog.asp

any ideas??

news:(E-Mail Removed)...