Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > list box should display underneath menu window

list box should display underneath menu window

Al Sav

Hi,
I am trying to create a menu for asp.net page. The menu-detail list display, when mouse hovers over the main menu list, like you see in regular windows apps.

When the detail-menu-list window displays, it goes 'behind' combo box (sent to back). For other controls, like textbox, it is fine. Can some explain, how can I send the list box (<asp:listbox>) to become the underneath and not display on top?

Alwin S.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

(a) <SELECT> elements are windows-level elements, and will always appear
above document-level elements. I believe this is a bug, but I don't have
any confidence it will ever be fixed. The workaround is typically to move
the <SELECT> element so that it does not overlap where dynamic HTML will
place content.

(b) this isn't an ASP (or ASP.NET!) issue. For further ASP.NET issues,
please see http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"Al Sav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am trying to create a menu for asp.net page. The menu-detail list
> display, when mouse hovers over the main menu list, like you see in
> regular windows apps.
>
> When the detail-menu-list window displays, it goes 'behind' combo box
> (sent to back). For other controls, like textbox, it is fine. Can some
> explain, how can I send the list box (<asp:listbox>) to become the
> underneath and not display on top?
>
> Alwin S.

Bob Lehmann

<<<<I believe this is a bug, but I don't have any confidence it will ever be
fixed.>>>>

Maybe after enough people have switched to Firefox (like me) or Mozilla, MS
will get off its fat *ss and start working on IE again.

Bob Lehmann

news:(E-Mail Removed)...