Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to grab results from recordset

How to grab results from recordset

Roger

Hi:
Is it possible to grab recordset even after SQL throws error, but also
returns data?

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Can you show an example? Is it an error, or a warning message?

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

"Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
> Is it possible to grab recordset even after SQL throws error, but also
> returns data?

Roger

Here's the deal, when I run the stored procedure in query analyzer, it
returns results, but also returns errors returned from a nested stored
procedure. When I call my stored procedure from ASP, I want to display the
resultset and email the error message. Is this possible?

Roger

"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you show an example? Is it an error, or a warning message?
>
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)
>

> "Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi:
> > Is it possible to grab recordset even after SQL throws error, but also
> > returns data?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Roger wrote:
> Here's the deal, when I run the stored procedure in query analyzer, it
> returns results, but also returns errors returned from a nested stored
> procedure.

What do you mean by "returns errors"? Do you have code in your stored
procdedure to return these messages via output parameters or something? Or
are you referring to the errors displayed by QA?

> When I call my stored procedure from ASP, I want to
> display the resultset and email the error message. Is this possible?

Yes. You'll need to clarify what you are talking about before we can get
specific.

Have you tried looking into the connection object's Errors collection?

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"