Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Anyone ever done a binary Stream.write??? How?

Anyone ever done a binary Stream.write??? How?

Larry Woods

I am trying to write a binary stream from ASP (VBScript). No combination
seems to work:

set x=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
x.open
x.type=1 ' binary
x.write ??????

No matter what I substitute for "????" (array, cbyte(0), string, etc.) I
get:

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
conflict with one another.

Does anyone have an example that works????

TIA,

Larry Woods

(Cross posted to microsoft.public.data.ado)

Slim

I always use hhtpxml

url = http://www.voanews.com/index.cfm
set xmlhttp = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
xmlhttp.open "GET", url, false
xmlhttp.send ""
tex = xmlhttp.responseText

response.write tex

"Larry Woods" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u#h#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to write a binary stream from ASP (VBScript). No combination
> seems to work:
>
> set x=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
> x.open
> x.type=1 ' binary
> x.write ??????
>
> No matter what I substitute for "????" (array, cbyte(0), string, etc.) I
> get:
>
> Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
> conflict with one another.
>
> Does anyone have an example that works????
>
> TIA,
>
> Larry Woods
>
> (Cross posted to microsoft.public.data.ado)

Larry Woods

Sorry I wasn't clear, Slim.

I'm trying to write the binary to DISK.

Larry Woods